Centralina Council of Governments (CCOG) seeks a well-organized, customer-service oriented individual with a strong human services background for the position of Senior Employment Program Manager to assist in the coordination of the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP).
The SCSEP, funded under Title V of the Older Americans Act: serves persons with low incomes who are 55 years old or older and have poor employment prospects, provides hands-on job training through part-time work and community service agencies, assists with the transition of participants to unsubsidized employment and provides supportive services to assist participants to obtain and maintain employment.
CCOG is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, North Carolina with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region.
CCOG’s mission as the lead planning organization for this region is to help control the cost of government, grow the economy and jobs, and improve the quality of life. CCOG serves as a bridge between federal, state and local governments by:
- Serving as a conduit of grants in aging, workforce development, economic development, sustainability and planning;
- Providing a platform for formulating, implementing and coordinating regional public policies;
- Providing a forum for discussion of shared regional issues as convener on regional issues; and
- Serving as a facilitator for problem-solving for local jurisdictions.
MAJOR DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Supervising SCSEP program staff and participants;
- Recruiting, interviewing and enrolling program participants;
- Assessing participant skill sets including administering various assessment inventories; developing individual employment plans and holding participants accountable for complying with goals and objectives; making recommendations on corrective actions, when necessary;
- Working with partner agencies to secure support services and community resources;
- Ensuring grant program and budget compliance by preparing monitoring reports and making on-site monitoring visits;
- Serving on task forces, work groups and other action-oriented committees as subject matter expert in the field of employment issues for older adults;
- Developing recruitment flyers and other related program materials, as needed.
Individual must be customer service oriented with the ability to work effectively with older adults, local officials and staff. The individual must also have considerable knowledge of the income and employment needs of older adults and various methods and techniques to assist them. Must also demonstrate knowledge of local employment practices and labor market conditions and of available training through the community colleges and other educational programs. Successful candidate must be very detail oriented and be able to pay strict attention to and adhere to federal regulations. Must also possess the ability to multitask and manage multiple and simultaneous priorities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in human services, psychology, counseling, social work, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred. Hiring Salary: $47,000 – $50,000 depending on experience with excellent benefits including Local Governmental Employees’ Retirement System and NC 401k and 457.
Send cover letter and résumé to: CCOG, “SCSEP Program Manager Recruitment”, 9815 David Taylor Drive, STE 100, Charlotte, NC 28262 or email to email@example.com. Deadline: June 15, 2018. EOE