Centralina Council of Governments (CCOG) seeks a well-organized, customer-service oriented individual with a strong human services background for the position of Senior Employment Program Associate to assist in the coordination of the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP).
The SCSEP, funded under Title V of the Older Americans Act: serves persons with low incomes who are 55 years old or older and have poor employment prospects, provides hands-on job training through part-time work and community service agencies, assists with the transition of participants to unsubsidized employment and provides supportive services to assist participants to obtain and maintain employment.
CCOG is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, North Carolina with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region. CCOG’s mission as the lead planning organization for this region is to help control the cost of government, grow the economy and jobs, and improve the quality of life.
MAJOR DUTIES include:
- Assisting the Program Manager to oversee all aspects of direct service delivery;
- Participating in recruiting, interviewing and enrolling of participants;
- Completing 12-month follow-up on participant’s post-program enrollment;
- Assessing program eligibility, intake, ongoing assessment and review; completes paperwork for waiting list, and assuring that all required paperwork and reporting is completed;
- Providing applicants with program orientation, information and provides referrals to partner agencies as needed;
- Entering related data on all participants and reviewing files regularly for and correcting all errors;
- Assisting in monitoring program providers and in assessing program performance;
- Arranging logistics of periodic meetings for participant (Quarterly Job Club) and Host Agencies (Annual Orientation and Appreciation Luncheon);
- Developing recruitment flyers (host agencies, participants);
- Assisting in monitoring participant’s corrective action plans;
- Assisting in ensuring that all participants are actively involved in ongoing job search; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Individual must be customer service oriented with the ability to work effectively with program participants and staff. Successful candidate must also be very detail oriented and be able to pay strict attention to and adhere to federal regulations regarding data validation. Must also possess the ability to multitask and manage multiple and simultaneous priorities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree with coursework related to human services, psychology, counseling, social work, or closely related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must also possess excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse group of service providers, governmental agency representatives, advisory boards, volunteers, consumers, associates and the general public. Hiring Salary: $35-$37K with excellent benefits.
Send cover letter and résumé to: CCOG, “SCSEP Program Associate Recruitment”, 9815 David Taylor Drive, STE 100, Charlotte, NC 28262 or email to Venecia R. White at email@example.com. Deadline: Friday, September 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EOE