Centralina Council of Governments (CCOG) seeks a Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and deliver a comprehensive strategic marketing and communications plan for the organization. Work involves significant public contact; use of independent judgment, strategic thinking and initiative. This position will collaborate and work closely with the executive director, the management team, assigned staff, elected officials, and others to develop appropriate and consistent messaging about the organization.
CCOG is an innovative regional planning agency located in Charlotte, North Carolina with a membership that includes 60+ local governments throughout the Greater Charlotte Region.
MAJOR DUTIES for this position include:
- Establishing marketing strategies and leading the related implementation
- Developing marketing materials for the organization
- Coordinating and supporting the organization’s brand messaging to stakeholders and other members of the public; assisting departments with messaging and the overall theme of CCOG communications
- Serving as liaison to the media, preparing and planning press releases and creating relevant stories as needed to support CCOG’s efforts
- Developing a social media framework and relevant content to support and expand the organization’s social media presence; creating timeline and tactics for postings and public engagement
- Overseeing the integration of website, social media platforms, and marketing materials to efficiently communicate CCOG value with clarity
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with elected officials, local government staff, community partners, and other stakeholders
- Creating and enforcing communications related policies and procedures
- Determining the effectiveness of communication efforts; working with executive director and team to redirect course, as needed
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for this position include:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications or related field and seven years of demonstrated success in a similar role; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Familiarity with local government/public sector work and with CCOG regional issues is preferred. Must be a confident and skilled communicator and presenter and demonstrate the ability to be relational and relatable. Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to communicate concepts clearly. Must display the ability to conceptualize the “big picture”, develop strategies and manage fine-grained details. Must also possess superior project management and time management skills. Hiring Salary: $55K – $65K depending on qualifications with excellent benefits.
Send letter of interest and résumé to: CCOG, 9815 David Taylor Drive, STE 100, Charlotte, NC 28262 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. EOE