July 25, 2017
Centralina Council of Governments (CCOG) is seeking a dynamic, highly experienced leader to serve as its next Executive Director. The CCOG Board’s goal is to continue building upon the significant success achieved under the leadership of our retiring Executive Director.
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
The Executive Director (ED) is the chief executive officer of CCOG, reporting to the Executive Board, with responsibility for staff and operations. The ED ensures, through program development, oversight and leadership, that the mission, vision and goals of the CCOG Board are carried forward and that the policies and directives of the Board are implemented. The ED also serves as an ex-officio member of the Centralina Economic Development Commission and as a Trustee of the Centralina Foundation, each a 501(c)3 non-profit.
The ED must demonstrate a broad knowledge of transportation, urban planning, aging policy initiatives, and workforce development programming and have experience working with local, regional, state and federal government agencies, and the ability to establish strong working relationships with partners in government, non-profit, and business sectors. The position requires a Master’s degree in public administration or directly related field and 10 to 12 years of management experience that includes relevant experience at the director and/or executive level, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The hiring salary for the new ED will be market competitive and commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate. In addition, a competitive benefits package is provided.
THE LEADER WE SEEK
The Board is seeking to continue to build upon the significant success achieved under the leadership of our retiring Executive Director. We seek a leader who embraces our mission, vision, and values and exemplifies the qualities reflected by our current Executive Director including:
- Servant leader empowering others
- Strategic, visionary
- Regional thinker, community-focused
- Life-long learner, mature self-awareness
- Strong code of ethics, accountable
- Mentors & develops staff, others
- Systems-oriented, inter-disciplinary
- Organizational development advocate
- Relationship-builder, approachable
- Creative, innovative
Interested candidates can CLICK HERE for a more detailed description of the position and of our region.
Required application materials:
- Letter of interest
- List of four references
- Written response to the following question (maximum two double-spaced pages at 12pt Times New Roman Font): What strengths will you bring to this position relative to your experience with strategic planning, building collaborative partnerships, and in providing innovative programs/initiatives?
To apply, please email your application materials to Jim Youngquist, SouthEast Regional Directors Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled, but consideration of applicants will begin on or before September 8, 2017.
Please check this page frequently for updates.
CCOG is an equal opportunity employer.
For additional information about CCOG, please click on the links below.
- 10 Fast Facts
- Director Directory
- CCOG Charter
- CCOG Bylaws
- CCOG Board of Delegates
- Annual Reports and Audits
- Centralina Area Agency on Aging Area Plan
- CONNECT Our Future
- 2012-2017 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
ABOUT THE CENTRALINA REGION
- Charlotte USA
- Anson County Chamber of Commerce
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
- Gaston Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Statesville Chamber of Commerce
- Lincolnton-Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce
- Mooresville South Iredell Chamber of Commerce
- Stanly County Chamber of Commerce
- Union County Chamber of Commerce
ABOUT NORTH CAROLINA