Centralina Council of Governments (CCOG) seeks a well-organized, detail-oriented individual with knowledge of community and economic development programs for the part-time position of Community Development Specialist. This position is part-time but could increase to full time as funding allows.
MAJOR DUTIES include:
- Performing research work for regional and local studies in areas such as housing, economic development and local government assistance.
- Coordinating meetings, workshops and other events relating to departmental programming; collaborates with staff to ensure effective demonstration/representation of projects and programs.
- Designing and creating relevant newsletters, press releases, brochures and other printed materials for the department in line with CCOG marketing and branding efforts.
- Assisting with contracts management for the department and helping ensure that the department and/or stakeholders are informed of and comply with the requirements of the law and any federal regulations related to the program or project.
- Researching and helping to coordinate grant opportunities; participating in grant administration.
- Maintaining departmental database and organizational files.
- Working with contractors, vendors and consultants on necessary program functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Individual must be able to work independently, possess good decision-making, problem-solving and organizational skills, as well as written and oral communications skills, interpersonal skills, critical thinking and analytical skills. Must also demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse group of governmental agency representatives, associates and the general public. Experience with administering federal grant programs and project management background is preferred.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in public administration, public policy, business management or related field and experience in community and economic development and planning activities; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. $18 – $20/hour depending on experience.
Send cover letter and résumé to: CCOG, “CD Specialist”, 9815 David Taylor Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: Friday, August 10, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EOE