Centralina Council of Governments, a local government organization, seeks a well-organized, detail-oriented individual to perform accounts payable (A/P) and other accounting functions. Work involves applying established accounting procedures, principles of bookkeeping, and basic fund accounting to the review and processing of accounting documents. Judgment is required in selecting and applying appropriate procedures. Tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with vendors, coworkers and citizens in conducting the organization’s business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Knowledge of paraprofessional accounting principles and practices including accounts payable and an understanding of other accounting functions.
- Demonstrated skill in arithmetical calculations.
- Ability to compile, evaluate, and reconcile a variety of accounting records and reports as well as the ability to make arithmetic computations accurately and with reasonable speed.
- Ability to perform a variety of fiscal or accounting functions and to change priorities quickly and maintain accuracy level.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with a variety of people, including vendors, general public, program participants, coworkers and supervisors.
- Must communicate effectively in oral and written forms and be able to set priorities and to manage time effectively for self and others as appropriate.
- Must possess the ability consistently meet deadlines.
- Must display accuracy in data entry and work.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduation from a two-year college with a major in accounting and considerable experience in an automated fiscal or accounting environment, preferably in the public sector; or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Knowledge of laws, general statutes, rules, and regulations governing specific governmental accounting tasks.
- Knowledge of the application of information technology including specialized financial software, spreadsheets, and data bases and use of peripherals.
Hiring Salary: $36K – $39K depending on experience. Excellent benefits including NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision, etc.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or 9815 David Taylor Drive, STE 100, Charlotte, NC 28262. Position is open until filled. EOE.